CLOUGHTON, North Riding
Cloughton Hall Pigeoncote TA 008 941
The dovecote in the grounds of Cloughton Hall was built in the seventeenth century to replace an earlier one that was known to have been dilapidated in the 16th century. It is built with rubble stone with a domed roof surmounted by a low gable with dove holes.
It is similar to the ones around the Tees.
BARFORTH, North Riding
CALDWELL, North Riding
Date taken 17/08/20
Cober Hill Stone Bridge TA 010 947
Hayburn Wyke Summer House TA 008 970
Visitors to the cascade on the beach at Hayburn Wyke would pay an admission at the hotel. A 1936 guidebook mentions a rustic arbour. The inscription on the back of the early 20th century postcard reads:
'From the Summer House situated in the woods, most beautiful views are obtained of the Beach, and Headlands, and a magnificent Sea stretching far into the horizon.
T.H.Spence, The Hotel, Hayburn Wyke.'
There is now no trace of the summerhouse.