CLAPHAM CUM NEWBY, West Riding
Aunt Bessie's Grotto SD 751 194
The grotto was built in the early 19th century and became a favourite picnic place for Elizabeth Farrer (1853-1937) of Ingleborough Hall, and so became known as Aunt Bessie's Grotto.
Ingleborough Hall Gateway SD 746 694
The arched gateway is from Ingleborough Hall to the Church of St James.
Ingleborough Hall Icehouse SD 747 693
The icehouse between the kitchen at Ingleborough Hall and the former stables was built in about 1815. The circular ice well is about 15 yards from the bottom to the ashlar vaulted domed ceiling.
Ingleborough Hall Obelisk SD 747 693
Ingleborough Hall Pavilion SD 747 692
Ingleborough Hall Tunnels SD 746 694
The left hand tunnel, dated 1833, gave access for servants to the former stables and the right one to Ingleborough Hall.