CAWTHORNE, West Riding
Cannon Hall Deer Shed SE 271 081
The early 19th century Deer Shed at Cannon Hall has Gothic windows. Four rustic yew trunks support the roof of the open bays.
Cannon Hall Gothic Arch SE 273 083
The arch is from the doorway to the Chantrey Tower, which was designed in 1828 by Sir Francis Chantrey and was on the top of Cook's Study Hill (SE 131 041). Mr John Stanhope Spencer rebuilt the arch in his garden at Cannon Hall.
Cannon Hall Gothic Window SE 273 083
When Cawthorne church was being renovated in the 19th century masonry may have been recycled in an area of Cannon Hall garden called Fairyland.
Aricula Theatre SE 273 083
Cannon Hall Pinery SE 273 083
Tower Cottage SE 266 084
Walter Spencer Stanhope of Cannon Hall had a Gothic cottage orne cottage built in the late 18th century. The tower may have been a later addition.