ALDFIELD, West Riding
Aldfield Spa SE 255 689
At the end of the 17th century, a sulphur spring was discovered near Aldfield and water was piped to Ripon.
Aldfield sulphur spring SE 255 689
A sulphur spring was discovered in 1698 and became a popular spa. The water was piped to Ripon at the beginning of the 20th century and a spa complex was developed there but by that time the fashion for spa treatment was declining and the scheme closed in 1947.