BENINGBROUGH, North Riding
Beningbrough Hall Pavilions SE 516 585
The two pavilions at Beningbrough Hall are connected to the house by walls with niches. Samuel Buck's drawing of about 1720, of the south front, shows part of the formal garden and a pavilion to the right of the house. The pavilion may have been part of the formal design from which a canal could be viewed.
Beningbrough Hall Pump House SE 131 586
A pump House, marked on the 6 inch O.S. map of 1852, was replaced by the present one in the late 1800s or in the early years of the 20th century. It was built to pump water from the River Ouse to a skating pond used by the Downey family.